Now that the storm has passed, how do you check to make sure your home is not in need of repairs?
Here are some steps you can take:
- Have a thorough Roof Inspection completed.
- Once power is restored and the A/C is working, inspect your Windows and Doors:
- Open all units individually and inspect them thoroughly
- Clean out all tracks, frames and hardware
- Lubricate the hardware
- Inspect your Windows and Doors from the interior with an Infrared Camera. Limited leaking at windows and doors may occur in a strong storm event. Limited drywall wetness will typically dry once the A/C is running and the house is stabilized. If leaks appear again in the near future under normal seasonal conditions, more investigation and repairs may be required to the windows and doors.
- Inspect your Attic with an Infrared Camera. Look for water at vented eaves and ridges if you have a vented attic. Wet insulation should be removed and replaced. Roof leaks should be addressed by a licensed roofer.
- Check all Exterior Railings for proper attachment. These could have been loosened from the storm.
- Once the fallen vegetation and debris is removed from your property, wash the salt, sand and debris off of your home.